You have no items in your shopping cart.
LongLine and RCV will ship within 8 weeks of the purchase date as of June 15, 2021.
Stereo Balanced Outputs, Global Summing, Ground Lift and Phase Correction
The big question - When will these ship? Good news! LongLines will ship in the order they were purchased.
Both the XLR outputs and 1/4" outputs are mirrored. This means that the Left XLR and 1/4" output will see the same signal and the Right XLR and 1/4" output will see the same signal.
This also means the sum pushbutton will work across all outputs (XLR and 1/4").
The XLR outputs on LongLine can be used for two main purposes regardless of what summing mode you are using:
1. DI - You can use the XLR outputs as DIs and plug straight into a sound desk, interface, DAW.
2. LongLine - Tube amps sound great when they are pushed. A lot of venues / studios don't have the ability to facilitate loud amp levels during gigs. With LongLine you can send your guitar signal up to 300 feet (90 meters) to your amp without signal loss. This means you can run your amp in a completely different room, or building and ideally turn it up as loud as you need to get the best tone out of your rig. Use RCV to convert your signal back to unbalanced 1/4" right before your amps input.
RCV is a passive box designed to receive signal from LongLine via its XLR jacks. It can receive a stereo XLR signal from LongLine and convert it to unbalanced 1/4" outputs so you can plug your signal directly into your amp. It is designed to work with a stereo / dual mono signal (sending to two amps) or a mono signal (sending to one amp) and is completely passive (no power required for RCV).
LongLine has two types of summing: Stereo Sum and Split Sum. To access these two modes, use the internal DIP switch to select which mode is best for you. You can also access Mix Mode with the DIP switches as well. The Sum switch is global - it acts across all four outputs - XLR and 1/4".
1. Stereo Sum (DIP Sw UP) – This is the default mode LongLine ships with. In this mode use stereo effects as normal. When summed, the left and right inputs are merged and the exact same signal is sent to the left and right outputs.
2. Split sum (DIP Sw DOWN) – Still use stereo effects as normal. When summed, the right input is ignored and the left input is split to both left and right outputs.
3. Mix Mode - With the left DIP UP and the right DIP DOWN you are in mix mode. In this mode you can take signals from two different sources (Maybe a dry signal coming into the left input and a wet signal into the right input) and mix them. This is different to summing, so please use this mode if you want to mix!
Ground Lift & Phase Correction
LongLine comes standard with ground lift and phase on the XLR outputs and optional ground lift and phase on the 1/4" outputs. Assuming the option on 1/4" outputs has been chosen, the ground lift and phase push buttons will work on both the XLR and 1/4" outputs at the same time!
- Ground Lift – A ground loop is never a welcome sound - a loud buzz when two amps are being used at certain venues - but it doesn't have to waste your time. Simply push the black pushbutton on Interfacer and the ground loop will be eliminated!
- Phase Correction – When using multiple amps it is possible that the amps being used are out of phase with each other. One speaker is moving in while the other is moving out. Correct this easily by pushing the black and red pushbuttons in - inverting the phase on one amp by 180 degrees.
Menu / Ordering Options
You can buy LongLine, RCV or save $20 when you buy both.
If LongLine is selected a second drop down will appear prompting you to make a choice on Ground lift and Phase on the 1/4" outputs. This is asking if you want transformer isolation on the 1/4" outputs. See Ground Lift and Phase Correction above.
Ground lift and Phase Correction come standard on the XLR outputs. If you would like the Ground lift and Phase pushbuttons to also work on the 1/4" outputs, then select YES on the drop down menu. If you don't need transformer isolation on the 1/4" outputs, select NO.
If you select NO, pushing the ground lift and phase buttons will have no effect on the 1/4" outputs, only the XLR outputs.
XLR Cables - Made with Mogami W2549 Mic Cable and Amphenol XLR Plugs.
Save 5% off retail when buying with LongLine or RCV. Buy 1 for running a mono XLR out to either front of house or your amps ISO Booth, or 2 if you want to run stereo.
These are designed to last and come with a 2 year warranty!
All LongLines are made with high quality, durable components.
IMPORTANT - Use only 9vDC centre negative plug to power!
Current Draw/Power: 75mA, Center Neg 2.1mm
LongLine Dimensions: 120mm x 94mm x 34mm
RCV Dimensions: 112mm x 61mm x 38mm
Input Impedance (Left In, Right In): 1Meg
Output Impedance (1/4" Outputs): 500ohms
Output Impedance (XLR Outputs): Low
DI SPECS (When using LongLine as a DI)
Freq. Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Dynamic Range: 93dB
Low Output Impedance
We know the best part about buying a new product is receiving that freshly wrapped package in the mail. The worst part however, is the agonising wait of what seems like decades for it to arrive. We will always do our best to get your newly purchased product to you in a timely manner.
All orders are sent via USPS and generally arrives within 1-5 days.
If you don't receive a tracking number from us after purchase, first check your junk folder, then send us an e-mail and we will find it for you!
We use USPS and UPS for International shipping. Since Covid hit, international shipping has been very hard to predict with any certainty. Please be patient and don't be alarmed if your order takes a bit longer than normal!
Unfortunately we have no control on how long the package will take to arrive once it has shipped. If your package does not arrive within the time mentioned above, simply send us an email, SMS, letter via carrier pigeon or come tell us in person and we will do our best to look into it from our end.