You have no items in your shopping cart.
Flexible outputs across 1/4" and XLR in mono, dual mono and stereo.
Want flexible outputs across mono, dual mono and stereo?
Want these options across both balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4" outputs?
Need to be able to use these across both instrument and line level?
LongLine is the answer.
Both the XLR outputs and 1/4" outputs are mirrored. The left input will send both left 1/4" and left XLR outputs. Same goes for the right input and outputs.
This also means the sum push button will work across all outputs (XLR and 1/4").
The XLR outputs on LongLine can be used for two main purposes regardless of what summing mode you are using:
1. Active DI - You can use the XLR outputs as a pair of active DIs and plug straight into a sound desk, interface or DAW. Use the -20dB Pad pushbutton if signal level is too hot.
LongLines outputs are phantom power protected, so you can play in peace without worrying about busy sound engineers accidentally sending 48v to your board!
2. Line Driver - Tube amps sound great when they are pushed. A lot of venues / studios don't have the ability to facilitate loud amp levels during gigs. With LongLine you can send your guitar signal up to 300 feet (90 meters) to your amp without signal loss. This means you can run your amp in a completely different room, or building and ideally turn it up as loud as you need to get the best tone out of your rig. Use RCV to convert your signal back to unbalanced 1/4" right before your amps input.
Do NOT use the pad pushbutton (leave it out) in this mode.
RCV is a passive box designed to receive balanced signal from LongLine via its XLR jacks. It can receive a stereo XLR signal from LongLine and convert it to unbalanced 1/4" outputs so you can plug your signal directly into your amp. It is designed to work with a stereo / dual mono signal (sending to two amps) or a mono signal (sending to one amp) and is completely passive (no power required for RCV).
Run a short cable from RCV to your amp inputs.
LongLine has two types of summing: Stereo Sum and Split Sum. To access these two modes, use the internal DIP switch to select which mode is best for you. You can also access Mix Mode with the DIP switches as well. The Sum switch is global - it acts across all four outputs - XLR and 1/4".
1. Stereo Sum (DIP Sw UP) – This is the default mode LongLine ships with. In this mode use stereo effects as normal. When summed, the left and right inputs are merged and the exact same signal is sent to the left and right outputs. Better for stereo delays and reverbs.
2. Split sum (DIP Sw DOWN) – Still use stereo effects as normal. When summed, the right input is ignored and the left input is split to both left and right outputs. Typically better for stereo modulation.
3. Mix Mode - With the left DIP UP and the right DIP DOWN you are in mix mode. In this mode you can take signals from two different sources (Maybe a dry signal coming into the left input and a wet signal into the right input) and mix them. This is different to summing, so please use this mode if you want to mix!
Lastly, if you want to run stereo XLR but mono 1/4" you can do this too! Simply leave the white 'sum' pushbutton in stereo mode (out) and plug in the left 1/4" jack only. This will 'Stereo Sum' the left and right 1/4" signal to an amp, DI or monitor while maintaining a stereo signal on the XLR outputs.
Ground Lift & Phase Correction
LongLine comes standard with ground lift and phase on all 4 outputs. This means the ground lift and phase push buttons will work on both the XLR and 1/4" outputs at the same time!
- Ground Lift – A ground loop is never a welcome sound - a loud buzz when two outputs are being used at certain venues - but it doesn't have to waste your time. Simply push the black pushbutton in on LongLine and the ground loop will be eliminated!
- Phase Correction – When using multiple amps or outputs it is possible that the outputs being used are out of phase with each other. With amps this is easily demonstrated by one amp speaker moving in while the other is moving out. Correct this easily by pushing the red pushbutton in - inverting the phase on one amp by 180 degrees.
Want more info? Check out the MANUAL
All LongLines are made with high quality, durable components.
IMPORTANT - Use only 9vDC centre negative plug to power! We will internally double the voltage for higher headroom!
LongLine Current Draw/Power: 75mA, Center Neg 2.1mm
RCV Current Draw/Power: N/A - Passive
LongLine dimensions: 120mm x 94mm x 34mm
RCV dimensions: 112mm x 61mm x 38mm
Input Impedance (Left In, Right In): 1Meg
Output Impedance (1/4" Outputs): 500ohms
Output Impedance (XLR Outputs): Low
We know the best part about buying a new product is receiving that freshly wrapped package in the mail. The worst part however, is the agonising wait of what seems like decades for it to arrive. We will always do our best to get your newly purchased product to you in a timely manner.
All orders are sent via USPS and generally ship within 1-5 business days.
If you don't receive a tracking number from us after purchase, first check your junk folder, then send us an e-mail and we will find it for you!
We use USPS and UPS for International shipping. Since Covid hit, international shipping has been very hard to predict with any certainty. Please be patient and don't be alarmed if your order takes a bit longer than normal!
Unfortunately we have no control on how long the package will take to arrive once it has shipped. If your package does not arrive within the time mentioned above, simply send us an email, SMS, letter via carrier pigeon or come tell us in person and we will do our best to look into it from our end.